College Planning Package
College Planning is a wonderful activity that brings the parents and students closer to one another. College visits, career talks, and shopping to move out can be very exciting if done with planning. Otherwise, it can get very stressful and overwhelming for both students and parents.
Phoenix Tutoring & Test Prep is introducing a new college planning package specifically for families who are planning to send their child to college. This package helps you navigate your path to college. We are with you in every step of the way for guidance and consultations.
Our college planning package covers several different aspects:
- Meeting with the student and parents/guardians to assess college goals and future planning.
- Encouraging parents to visit few Universities/colleges with their children to get a feel for the campus. Also, discussing community college options for some students who want to attend specialized programs such as trade school, trade school, associate’s, and bachelor’s programs.
- Making a list of colleges to apply based on student’s interest in certain majors and/or programs after the campus visit phase ends. We also analyze costs of each school, the GPA, SAT/ACT requirements and college ranking.
- Determine the difference of attending In-state vs. Out-of-state colleges as well as Private vs. Public universities in terms of pros and cons.
- Assessing student’s comfort in attending a big university or a small college.
- Discussing roles of parents and students in college application process.
- Helping student make a resume to highlight their accomplishments, honors, extra-curricular, awards, and community service activities.
- Discussion financial aid and how to go about applying for academic and need-based scholarships, grants and work-study. We will assist the parents in filling out the financial aid form if needed.
- Helping the parents form a budget if they are going to pay for their children out of pocket. Making them aware of different options that the university or college offers.
- Instructing the student how to write college application essays. We will provide editing, proofreading, and writing feedback on their essays before their applications are submitted.
- Giving personal statement tips on what extracurricular activities to include or not.
- Advising students on obtaining recommendation letters of specific teachers, advisors, and important individuals in their lives.
- Educating the students and parents on different types of application such as early decision, early action, rolling admissions, and regular admission.
- Once acceptance letters start coming, we will help student make the final decision on which college/university in best for him/her to attend considering the program, costs, campus, classroom setting, student reviews, and financial aid packages.
- About Us
We provide College Planning Package for $299.99 (for a limited time) to families in Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Ahwatukee, San Tan Valley, Queen Creek, Laveen and the entire Phoenix Metropolitan area.
We also offer these services online anywhere in the United States. Please call or text 773-386-3184. You can also visit www.phxtutoring.com.
Picture Retrieved from: