Test Prep Tutoring: Preparing For HESI A2 Exam
Prospective nursing students are required to take the HESI A2 exam which is a nursing school entrance exam in order to get admissions into nursing school. There are very few tutoring companies that provide test prep tutoring for HESI. We are one of those few tutoring companies.
Here is are some things you must know before going to take this exam:
- There are 4 categories tested on this exam which includes math, science, English language and learner’s profile.
- The Math section: You will be asked to solve basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratios, proportions, percentages, basic algebraic expressions, geometry with angles, geometry with circle and geometry with triangles. You are also tested on measurements and metric system conversions. Also, please remember to review Pythagorean Theorem. Also, study problems involving perimeter and finding area of triangle, circle, square and rectangle.
- The Science section: You will be asked questions about biology, chemistry, physics, human anatomy and physiology. It is helpful to know all the organelles of the cell, the respiratory system, the cardiovascular system, immune system, digestive system, central nervous system, and the endocrine system. Please also review aspects on human nutrition. Several diseases also frequently show up such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, sexually transmitted diseases and cancers. It is helpful to know risk factors, disease detail and preventative measures for each of these disease. Stress and physical fitness are often important factors to study for wellness questions.
- The English Language section: The questions on this section test your knowledge with reading comprehension, vocabulary, general knowledge and grammar. Some questions test your basic understanding of the English language and mechanics while some questions are focused on health care tasks.
- The Learner’s Profile section: This section evaluates you on critical thinking, problem solving, learning style and your personality profile. It is difficult to study for this section because it is no testing content but specific set of skills and personality.
- Remember: You must score 75% or more on each of these sections except the Learner’s profile to be considered for admission into the nursing program.
Now that you have all the information for the HESI test. Here are some suggestions on how to study for this test:
- Get a smart tutor that specializes in test prep tutoring.
- Math help and review are the most helpful.
- Peer tutoring and studying with a buddy are also good options.
- Maybe you are a very busy person and do not have time to meet someone to study in that case get a virtual tutor that can provide etutoring services through Skype. Online tutoring is very popular for test prep.
- Call us here at Phoenix Tutoring & Test Prep. We provide a competitive tutoring package for the entire HESI A2 for a reasonable price. We provide both in person one-on-one tutoring across the Phoenix valley. We also provide online private tutoring using Skype all over United States.
How can I book with Phoenix Tutoring & Test Prep?
Just log on to www.phxtutoring.com and book lessons now. You can also call or text 773-386-3184. We look forward to helping you through your journey of nursing school. We will help you prepare for HESI A2 with practice questions for each category, test taking strategies, notes on what is likely to be tested, and help you learn how to correctly solve each problem. Let us help you get closer to your dream!
Picture Retrieved from: www.fastweb.com