Test Prep Tutoring: Preparing For HESI A2 Exam
Prospective nursing students are required to take the HESI A2 exam which is a nursing school entrance exam in order to get admissions into nursing school. There are very few tutoring companies that provide test prep tutoring for HESI. We are one of those few tutoring companies.
Here is are some things you must know before going to take this exam:
- There are 5 categories tested on this exam which includes Math, Science, Reading, Vocabulary and Grammar.
- The Math section: You will be asked to solve basic operations, fractions, ratios, proportions, percentages, algebra, metric and english conversions. You will also have to be comfortable with military time and roman numerals. Many questions on the HESI A2 math section consist of word probelms so being able to interpret what a question is asking you in mathematical language is the key to problem solving.
- The Science section: You will be asked questions about biology, chemistry, physics, human anatomy and physiology. It is helpful to know all the organelles of the cell, the respiratory system, the cardiovascular system, immune system, digestive system, central nervous system, and the endocrine system. Cellular respiration, Photopsynthesis and cellular reproduction are fair game on the test. Review each topic area so you understand the big picture.
- The Reading section: The questions on this section of the test pertain to reading comprehension. Being able to read fast understand the passage is important. Being able to go back to the passage to answer questions is very helpsul since detail questions are not based on recall alone.
- The Grammar section: This section is the most dreaded section by the students because it covers everything in grammar from nouns all the way down to punctuations. Things to review would be all the grammar topic areas like adjectives, adverbs, clauses, direct objects, indirect objects, conjunctions etc.
- The Vocabulary Section: This section tests your knowledge for words and many of the terms come from medical terminology, science, english and epidemiology. Being able to see how the word is used in the sentence given in a skill that needs practice. If you study one of the books for HESI and memorize all the vocabulary words does not mean you will pass. This is because not all the terms show up and even if they do you need to be able to use the word rather than know its definition. HESI will not give you exact definition as an answer choice so understanding the meaning of the word and applying it is very critical.
Most Nursing Programs require you to score over 75% on math and over 80% reading, grammar and vocabulary to pass the HESI. Science section is optional in some schools and required in others but must be passed with a score of 80% or more if required.
Now that you have all the information for the HESI test. Here are some suggestions on how to study for this test:
- Get a tutor that specializes in HESI A2 test prep tutoring.
- Math and Grammar are the hardest sections and a complete review is very helpful.
- One-on-One tutoring helps the most compared to group tutoring sessions.
- Online tutoring is also a good option if commute is a probem. Phoenix tutoring and Test Prep offers one on one tutoring for HESI A2 both in person and online.
- Phoenix Tutoring & Test Prep provide HESI A2 tutoring sessions for a reasonable price. We are the oldest and the most trusted tutoring company in the Phoenix valley for providing HESI A2 test prep. We also provide tutoring services for HESI A2 online all over United States.
How can I book with Phoenix Tutoring & Test Prep?
Just log on to www.phxtutoring.com under test prep and book lessons now for HESI A2. You can also call or text 773-386-3184 for more information. We look forward to helping you in getting into nursing school and achieve your dream of becoming a nurse.
Picture Retrieved from: www.fastweb.com